I had never heard of Thomas Stokoe until about 3 years ago when I began my excellent hiking adventure with someone who just loves the flora in this area. I got my hands on a book and a map both by Peter Slingsby and happened to read all about a most fascinating botanist.
- Bring some decent hiking shoes
- Hike not for people with walking difficulty and is not Wheelchair-friendly
- Stay hydrated bring some water or juice, snacks, and maybe coffee
- Remember a hat and sunscreen (rain jacket)
- Check the weather
- Do not leave too late the trail gets extremely hot and humid in summer
- Safety first
About .5km after the beach, you will turn right onto the jeep track and from here you walk 8km to Stokoe’s bridge.
You can click the link to see the video of Stokoe’s final resting place.