"We were given the gift of life on a planet filled with everything we could ever need... we have come to a crossroads we can either make history, or we will become history the key to saving our beautiful world starts with you." Amir Zakeri
- Carbon emissions cause global warming and ocean acidification which in turn is harmful to our oceans - read our latest article here to see what you can do to help
- Run-off pollution and sunscreen can harm biodiversity and coral reefs
- Three hundred eighty-one million tons of plastic is entangling and harming sea life. Stop single-use plastic.
Highlights from the "50 minutes to save our world" Youtube film
- The use of oil and its contribution to global warming, being able to curb it is the deciding factor to live with or without coral reefs. Reduce your dependence.
- Run-off pollution by pesticides that go directly into our oceans, killing marine life and coral reefs. Stop spraying lawns and vegetation with harmful chemicals.
- Fourteen thousand tons of sunscreen is deposited in our oceans every year. Oxybenzone and Octinoxate have been found to kill the reef even in tiny amounts. Use "reef safe" sunscreen.
- 381million tons of plastic produced in 2017, only 9% get recycled. One million marine animals get killed annually due to entanglement and ingestion. Reduce plastic usage and try and cut out single-use plastic.
Indeed a must watch movie highlighting the beauty of our earth and the pressures it is under due to the human impact. Tell all your family share it on. Let's make a difference.
Find out more about the ocean conservation charities featured in the film and some of their continued conservation initiatives at https://savethereef.org.